Intimidated by Picasa? Don't be! If you don't think you have a Picasa account, you probably do and don't know it. Every time you post a photo/image on your blog using the Blogger upload photo tool it is stored in a Picasa web album. Who knew?
How To Store and Link to a Full-Sized image on Picasa
1. Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/home. If you are logged into your Blogger account, you'll be taken to your albums. If you are not logged in, please do so using your Blogger username and password (same info you use to log into your blog).
2. Upload your file by clicking on the gray upload button at the top. Create a new album or select an existing one. I have a separate album just for backgrounds so that I can easily find them.
3. Click on the blue button to select a background to upload from your computer. Once it is uploaded, click on OK down in the lower right hand corner. This will take you to the album where you can find the image.
4. Click on the uploaded image.
5. Click on "Link to this photo", located on the right side of the screen at the bottom of the sidebar. Click on images to enlarge.
6. Check the box beside "Image Only: No Link".
7. Copy the code directly below "Embed Image".
8. Paste it where you intend to install the background code on your blog. Change the s144 in the embed image code to s0 (zero). VERY IMPORTANT!
9. Preview and save!
If you see a striped pattern instead of your background on your blog, make sure that you completed step 8. I often forget to do this and panic every time before I realize how quick and easy it is to fix. :)
Easy Background Installation
Move Your Background Code For Better Load Time
Create a Header With Picasa