Have you ever tried adding a banner advertisement above your header? On most templates, this area is left-aligned. An left aligned ad (or any gadget) that site above a centered header can be a bit of an eyesore. What's a blogger to do?????
Turns out it's not that difficult to center gadgets in that area. Here's how to do it:
1. Take a look at the html code for the gadget/ad. Add <center> to the very beginning and </center> to the very end. Add the gadget to your blog and move it above the header. Preview. If it's centered, poof! You're done! If it isn't, leave the gadget there so that you can experiment with it and proceed to step 2.
2. If you have a new Blogger template, skip this step and proceed to step 3 below. If you have an older template, click here to visit Blog Sentral. Follow the tip exactly. Hooray for a centered top gadget!
3. Click here to visit Blog Sentral. You'll need to scroll down and copy the snippet of code that will work for your blog. Which code you copy will depend upon how you installed your header. All you're doing on this site is copying the code. DO NOT OPEN YOUR TEMPLATE! Once you've copied the code, come back here and continue with step 4.
4. Go to your blog and click on Design in the upper right corner.
5. Click on Customize (on the left).
6. Click on Advanced, then scroll down and click on Add CSS.
7. Paste the code that you copied into the big white box. Preview. Hopefully, your gadget is now centered! The first time I did this, I thought that the gadget was not perfectly centered because it didn't appear to sit exactly in the middle above my header. Turned out, it was my header that wasn't perfectly centered. Click here for help with positioning your header. :)
How To Center Your Header (New Templates)
How To Move Gadgets and Sidebar Items
How To Center Gadgets and Sidebar Items